M&S Water are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage Employers. We are committed to supporting and developing our people in reaching their full potential. Our current open opportunities are below:
We are currently recruiting:
- Water Service Layers to operate on our domestic works.
- Water Main Layers to operate on commercial sectors of our business.
- M&R Teams
- Self lay teams.
Candidates wishing to apply must have the relevant experience.
- EUSR Water Hygiene Card (Clean Water)
- Full Clean UK driving license including towing
- CSCS (Shea Water Desirable)
- Digger Ticket
- EUSR Thrust Bore Training
- NCO Mains & Service Layer
N.B training will be provided to the correct candidate
All CV’s are to be sent to Recruitment@MandSWater.co.uk.
Please note we will not be accepting phone enquiries.
M&S Water Services (Utilities) Limited are currently recruiting for a bookkeeper to join our growing finance department, initially this will be on a 6 month contract.
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to help maintain our financial records for both M&S Water Services and our sister company, Rochford Plant Hire Limited.
Key responsibilities will include the posting of customer and supplier transactions along with ensuring bank accounts are reconciled on a regular basis. M&S use Sage along with industry specific systems Syrinx and EasyBuild.
(Training will be provided on Syrinx and EasyBuild)
- AAT or other bookkeeping qualification desirable
- Experience using Sage, Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel)
Link to full job description here.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join our Utilities Installation Department. It will be the Project Managers responsibility to manage schemes for the Project Life Cycle, assist Contracts Manager and Business Development Managers in building the Utility Installations Team into the leading provider in the market for installation, repair, upgrade and commissioning of water mains/services across the East, South East and London.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships with new clients into increase Client Base.
- Seek new opportunities for the company within the market and wider industry.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, ensuring all documents are current and appropriately stored.
- Complete quotation/tender documents by required date.
- On acceptance of project order fittings and machinery for the required date.
- Assist the Site Manage in the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) where required.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and cost.
- Ensure all extras are met with a variation order from the client in a timely manner and agreed in principal in writing before any additional works are completed.
- Work with developers and designers to define and document questions, liaise with business via phone or email to get new requirements and explain feasibility.
- Submits project status reports to stakeholders, anticipates and reacts to change.
- Monitors sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained.
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Ensure pre-start and post works visits are completed on all projects to ensure compliance to company policies and design specifications.
- Qualified member of a recognised Project Management institute (e.g. Prince2). Experience is a pre-requisite but is more important if a formal qualification is not held.
- A current IOSH managing safely, SSSTS or SMSTS qualification.
- Industry specific qualifications including EUSR Blue Water Card, EUSR SHEA Water, EUSR Senior Competent Person and NRSWA Supervisor.
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Experience with all relevant Industry Standards including HAUC, NRSWA, Self Lay Code of Practise.
- Full package is negotiable dependent upon experience. Company car provided/company car allowance.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we will not be accepting phone enquiries